Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bush Says He Won't Be Rushed....

"I'm not going to be rushed into making a difficult decision, a necessary decision to say to our troops: 'We're going to give you the tools necessary to succeed and a strategy to succeed,"' Bush said.

Wow. Never mind that what he said makes no sense what so ever, and don't worry about how telling it is that he frames it as a decision but only offers himself one choice...let's just assume he means what we hope he means...that he's going to give this some serious thought before taking action. Wow, I say again.

Wouldn't it have been wonderful if his thoughful consideration, determination not to rush to action, and fear of dire consquences had manifested a little earlier...like 3 years ago, maybe?

How can anyone still support this man who is feeding your sons and daughters, along with billions of your tax dollars each month into a war that has no end? If you were in a car and the driver just kept saying, "We're not stopping till we get there." Would you honestly want to stay in the car if he never told you where "there" is? Would you think he was just swell if he never paid to fill the tank but kept using your swift pass at every Exxon station along the way? How about if on this magical mystery tour he shot or ran over so many people that an average of 180 people a day were killed and over hundreds of thousands injured?

Do you really think the Iraqis are better off than they were when Saddam was in power? They had lights, food, government, police, water...it doesn't matter, you say? Saddam was a mass murderer who killed his own people, right? Did Saddam Hussein manage to kill 2.5% of his nation's population in three years time? 655,000 Iraqis - or 2.5 percent of the population - have been killed in this conflict, according to the November 2006 Johns Hopkins study. Did Saddam Hussein manage to kill 655,000 people in the entire 20 years he was in power?

And people like Sean Hannity still have the gall to ask why the liberal media refuses to report all the good things that are happening in Iraq.

Well, America, the truth is, we are in that car. We are not going to get out of that car and people aren't going to stop dying from George Bush's metaphoric road rage unless we stop paying for the gas, stop giving him bullets, and take back the wheel.

At some point, even a passenger who grumbles about a driver on a killing spree but takes no action to stop the carnage becomes at the very least an accomplice guilty of vehicular manslaughter.

So, what is it, America? Are you an accomplice or a hostage?

"Bad boy, bad boy, what you gonna do? What you gonna do when they come for you?"


SOURCES:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

Could not have said it better myself.

Say, would you mind if I borrowed that wonderful graphic at the top of your post for my blog?

Funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Peter, Chief Editor and Spell Wrecker
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary

BTW I have a link to one of your earlier posts on my sidebar.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Archie Levine said...

I honestly don't remember where I got that graphic, so I can't really give you permission to use it since I'm using it without permission already.

Nor can I prohibit you from using it. :)

Thanks for the kind comments, I'll come visit your blog soonly.

1:49 PM  
Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

Thanks for the tip.

I realized how the graphic was made.

If you are a windows user all you have to do is make a file with the name "The entire Bush Administration", have your settings set to confirm every file delete, then delete the file.

This triggers the confirm delete script which is what we see.

A screen capture, a little trimming and pow! A nice laugh.

Since I am on Mac (AKA no blue screen of death for me) I would have to use Virtual PC to get the same message.

Rather than use your bandwidth, I have downloaded the image then loaded it back up into my blog, but left a link back to your blog so that people can find you, since even though you may not have created it, you were my source for finding it.

I have a few fun Bush things on my site, as well as the Sesame Street terror alert scheme which does change with the real one. Feel free to click on that to grab the actual code from the source.

Keep on blogging!

Peter
The Peter Files Blog of Comedy, Satire and Commentary, A Safe For Work Playground of Mostly Original Work, Except When I Get Tired, Then I am Willing to Resort to Jokes from email or YouTube

12:54 AM  
Blogger The Peter Files Blog of Comedy said...

Does your title suggest Bush is tired of the phone calls from Limbaugh?

This kind of thing occurs to me at nearly 3AM my time.

Peter

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home