Sunday, November 12, 2006

Botched Joke Revisited

Ok...I've got one more thing to say about the whole Botched Joke Kerry said our troops are retarded BS.

I saw a bumpersticker yesterday on a truck with an Allen bumpersticker and an NRA sticker on the window...I suspect a Republican...and another sticker in the window that said:

Holy Crap.

I have never seen a more prideful anti-intellectual statement or a clearer inference that not only do the kids who aren't smart go into the military, but they become MARINES.

Why is it that Kerry gets villified and this idiot thinks he's a genius by making this bumper sticker statement that says essentially the same thing?

Oh, yeah...perhaps the answer is inherent in the question.

2 Comments:

Blogger Snave said...

Excellent observation!

I believe it is one of the great tragedies of our nation in recent years, that is, the dissing of intelligence and the de-emphasizing of intellectual curiousity. I guess that if the public is convinced those things are not really all that important, the public will not be as educated and will just maybe be easier to control? If you want to rule a country with an iron fist, do you want to be constantly questioned by people who might be curious enough to ask about WHY you want to rule the country with an iron fist? Probably not.

I'm going to add your blog to my links! I found you through one of my blog-world favorites, 1138.

11:32 PM  
Blogger frstlymil said...

Brilliantly stated!

I cannot for the life of me understand how ignorance and the lack of intellectual curiosity are attributes to aspire to.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home