Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cobra II

I've been really overwhelmed with outside projects this summer, and haven't been able to keep up with my usual perpetual ranting...not that there hasn't been plenty to rant about.

I have been reading some good books, though, and wanted to give them some plugs.

I strongly recommend reading Cobra II: The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq by Michael R. Gordon and General Bernard E. Trainor.

It is a real page turner and I wish that everyone in Congress would get it and read it.

I place it among the recommended reading links below.

I'm also reading the Neal Boortz book on the Fair Tax.

I know, you're wondering how a guy who gets so angrified over Neal Boortz could stand to read his book. Well, first of all, I checked it out of the library so I wouldn't be giving him any money. Second, I have been hearing him hawk this thing and the Fair Tax plan for a really long time...and I have to say, I have yet to find a reason to be opposed to it...so I thought that reading his book might help me make a more informed decision about it.

I have decided that neither Neal nor the good congressman John Linder are authors that will give John Grisham anything to worry about. The book is not long on substance and pretty heavy with the liberal bashing, but I still haven't found a reason to be opposed to the Fair Tax and it seems like a pretty good idea.

If there are reasons, can you, my loyal readers, fill me in?

Otherwise, maybe we should actually help support the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home