Thursday, November 04, 2004

Now they tell us.....

Report: U.S. troops watched weapons-site looting, CNN, Thursday, November 4, 2004

"Explosives were looted from the Al-Qaqaa ammunitions site in Iraq while outnumbered U.S. soldiers assigned to guard the materials watched helplessly, soldiers told the Los Angeles Times."

"Soldiers who belong to two different units described how Iraqis snatched explosives from unsecured bunkers and drove off with them in pickup trucks."

"The soldiers who spoke to the Times asked to remain unidentified, saying they feared retaliation from the Pentagon."


Read the whole article by clicking the link above.

Just this morning I heard Neal Boortz saying a negative ad was only truly negative if the charges in it were lies, and he cited the missing 380 tons of explosives as a prime example of a Kerry lie. So....are these troops Kerry spoilers trying to ruin the President's mandate with more lies? Or should I really stop worrying about the massive amounts of missing munitions in Iraq and stay focused on how much safer I am from the homosexual agenda?

The conduct of the war in Iraq was a legitimate campaign issue, but to criticize the President was called unpatriotic and giving comfort to the enemy. Rudy G. (no relation to Kenny) said Kerry was attacking the troops, who needed our support now more than ever.

Ok...let me give you an example you might understand.

Say I'm the guy in charge of a moving crew. I have a piano I'm supposed to get from a truck on the street to the 8th floor of a building without an elevator. I ask some people who have moved pianos before how many guys I need to move the piano. They tell me I'm going to need between 4 and 10, depending on the quality of equipment I get to do it. The more expensive the equipment, the fewer guys I'll need.

I go with the cheapest equipment I can find, and even then only buy half of what I need to do the job. Then I hire two guys, ignoring the advice I solicited.

The piano ends up firewood on the sidewalk, and the broken parts are looted. Both my guys are killed by the piano landing on them. Piano moving isn't tidy. A guy who owns a rival piano moving company starts to critcize my plan and I'm able avoid responsiblity by saying he's actually criticizing the inherent worth of the two recently killed guys I hired to move the piano?

Could I really get away with that in a sane world?

I am responsible because I didn't hire enough guys and I didn't provide them with the needed equipment, and I didn't have a good enough plan to move the piano. I killed them with my incompetence.

With the understanding that nothing is as dangerous as an over extended metaphor, I submit to you that it is NOT blaming the troops to say the administration made some big mistakes in the planning, execution, and justification of the invasion of Iraq.

It is not leadership to refuse to admit having made mistakes, and even less to avoid responsibility for them when they become undeniable.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home