Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The Longest Yard

To paraphrase a line from one of my favorite movies..."You ain't gonna give it to me, are you Lord? I'm a sinner and you're gonna shaft me."

Well, it could have been my own impure thoughts that brought this country to this place. But I doubt it.

I've never really been this afraid before. Seriously. I had truly hoped that the American people would repudiate this president's policies and positions and give us a chance to reclaim a position of respect. A chance to lead by example again, rather than by fear and intimidation.

I know it isn't over yet, and it is wrong to wring hands and weep before the last vote is counted but the candidate who most needed a mandate will not get it and the candidate who is most likely now to win will proceed as though he has a mandate.

Like last time. For George Bush it is not the people who have spoken, but God.

And he may be right. Sometimes God sets a leader on a throne in order to punish the people.

The bottom line is, in a democracy we get the government we deserve.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, preaching to the choir here, but Jesus.

Moral issues? MORAL ISSUES?!?

We're at war, the economy is tanking, we're experiencing the biggest
crisis in health care and social security EVER, jobs are slipping away,
there's an ever-growing divide between rich and poor in this country,
the whole world hates us and we're shockingly vulnerable to terrorists
-

- and people don't want gays to get married.


THAT'S what decided this election? What the jesus hell is WRONG with
this picture?


And with that last gasp of rage, she sinks back into her Iraq-like
quagmire of depression...

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home