Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Congratulations, Barack...but I don't think it's going to happen.

Here's my prediction...it is one I've made several times over the last four years.

Bush isn't going to leave office.

I'm terrified that there is going to be a major terror attack of such significance that martial law will be declared, elections suspended, the Constitution suspended, Congress dismissed.

The legal groundwork for that has already been laid:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

Or we will invade Iran, and then see the above.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/04/washington/04diplo.html?ref=world

Call me paranoid if you like, but that's what I really think is likely to happen. Is he acting like he's running out of time in office?

I think that if Hillary had gotten the nomination, like Rush Limbaugh and the other right wing spin machines were working so hard to make happen, then my prediction would not happen...it would just be a quiet continuation of the old regime under a new name....but Obama surprised everyone.

To be more accurate, the American People surprised everyone and voted for this man in such overwhelming numbers that he actually is going to be our nominee. Nobody, especially Hillary, understood just how fed up the majority of Americans are with this Administration, and the people who helped them do what they've done to us and the world. People like Hillary Clinton, whose votes on the war, the telecom companies, and so on simply couldn't be forgotten.

And now, all bets are off. With Obama stumping on the radical notion of advocating a foreign policy that involves actual negotiation and real diplomacy...the neo-con hand will be forced.

Don't get me wrong...a Bush dictatorship isn't what I'm hoping for. I'd love for the candidate that I actually support to win the election, take office without incident, and change the catastrophic course that this nation has been on since the Rhenquist Five handed over our nation to this evil, wretched man and his evil, wretched, greedy supporters.

But what about the last eight years inspires hope?

4 Comments:

Blogger Archie Levine said...

Really?

John McSame tries to distance himself from Bush by giving his congratulatory speech to Obama from NEW ORLEANS?

Really? Who thought that was a good idea?

Why didn't he just give it from the Green Zone in Baghdad?

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dialog as always been on the table for Iran.
Believe me McCain is not the same as Bush,although I am sure you would be saying that about any Rep nominee. He's the most liberal conservative out of the whole lot of them even Ron Paul.
I hope Bobby Jindal runs in 2012. By then his resume will be alot thicker than Obama's for his entire political career.
He puts all 3 candidates to shame.But right now he has important work to do. Amazing how a republican won governor of NO. Unfortunately look what it took
vet
Blog on my friend,blog n!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Archie Levine said...

Believe me, I know McSame isn't who you guys want. But he sure as shooting isn't who these crazy Hillary supporters want either.

And Bush broke the guy...broke him worse than the Viet Namese did.

Any respect I had for McCain evaporated with his gravitation toward Bush, his embrace of Fallwell...his hypocrisy over campaign finance reform...

And he's either going to tap Lieberman for VP or....is it possible...Hillary.

McCain/Clinton.

Now there's a brave new world.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm,maybe. Even "I" could live with that.
I have a problem with Obama and his associations. Yes all politicians have associations some of which I do not care for but we have to look a the fact he is looking to have the highest seat in the country, I just don't think he had the head for it. An don't go calling me a racist because it has nothing to do with race. Actually it may a little I will admit but not until I heard his pastor speak. I don't feel that kind of preaching is productive actually it is counter-productive.
Did you notice that after that Rev Wright video came out Obama got the majority of th black vote and before that Hillary had it?
vet

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home