Friday, May 13, 2005

Rush Limbaugh, You Sanctimonious Pig!

Today, while monitoring the broadcasts of the enemy -- as I do every day between 9:00am (last hour of Laura Ingraham) and 9:00pm or so (Michael Savage)-- I got treated to a blast of such amazingly arrogant and hypocritical blather from Rush Limbaugh that my head nearly exploded like an extra in Scanners.

I'm driving along, nursing my liberal hatred of America and George Bush, just like Rush is always explaining all liberals do because of their pathological mental disorder, and this (to borrow a trademarked phrase) big fat idiot is talking about the recent story in Newsweek magazine which stated that American interrogators had desecrated the Koran as a tactic to get detainees to talk. They allegedly put the Koran on a toilet, and in one case tore it up and flushed portions of it.

This report led to, or was reported to have led to, riots in Afghanistan which caused the deaths of 8 people so far. I have no idea if the alleged incident took place or not. I think there are plenty of reasons to riot over the abuses we have already proven, but that isn't what I'm here to talk about.

I want to talk about the continuing abusive treatment of AMERICANS by Rush Limbaugh every weekday from noon to three. That's right, Rush, I'm an American too. Stop abusing me.

Here is what he said, "Have you ever stopped to, uh, wonder if a media story is true...uh, people are dying over it? I mean, uh, this is, uh, this is an amazing thing...here we got a media story, people in Afghanistan and uh, other Arab countries are dying because of this report annnnnnd it turns out that, uh, the central assertion in this report has not even been confirmed. So--Well, I don't know if there's blood on Mr. Isikoff's hands or or not, he obviously was standing by his story here, but, uh, I just, I just, I wonder if people stop to think about this....here comes a media story and BAM, people die."

That's when my head nearly exploded.

How in the name of all that is holy can this windbag sit there behind his Golden EIB Microphone and call the "liberal media" to task for an as yet unsubstantiated report leading to the death of 8 Afghanis when the Bush Administration's now completely disproved allegations have led to the deaths of an estimated 100,000 Iraqi civilians--including women, and children?

And 30,000 Iraqi military deaths.

And 88 British military fatalities.

And 22 Italian fatalities.

And 18 Ukranian fatalities.

And 17 Polish fatalities.

And 11 Spanish fatalities.

And 10 Canadian fatalities.

And 14 combined Slovak, Thai, Dutch, Estonian, Salvadoran, Danish, Latvian, Hungarian and Kazakh fatalities.

And 234 contractor fatalities.

And 75 Journalist fatalities.

And 43 US Military suicides.

I guess a good patriotic conservative American like Rush Limbaugh doesn't think all those deaths are nearly as outrageous as the 8 allegedly resulting from a report on flushing the Koran down a toilet.

Nor, apparently, does he have any outrage over the deaths of the 1,615 American soldiers who've been killed in Iraq because of unfounded and now disproved claims of Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Hey, Rush, you sanctimonious pig, have you ever stopped to, uh, wonder if a State of the Union Speech is true? I mean, uh, this is, uh, this is an amazing thing...people in Afghanistan and uh, other Arab countries are dying because of this speech annnnnnd it turns out that, uh, the central assertion in this speech has not even been confirmed. So--Well, I don't know if there's blood on Mr. Bush's hands or or not, he obviously was standing by his story here, but, uh, I just, I just, I wonder if people stop to think about this. Here comes a Presidential Address and BAM, people die.

132,176 lives were snuffed out over something George Bush claimed was true but wasn't.


Maybe, El Rushbo, Maharushi, Godfather....Maybe you're only outraged about the 8 people killed in Afghanistan because you don't have 132,176 fingers....You only have 10.

Well, here. Let me give you another.

(PS, have another look at those death totals from other members of the Coalition of the Willing and tell me again how we are not going it unilaterally. Go on, I double dog dare you.)

Sources:

2 Comments:

Blogger Archie Levine said...

Last night I performed this editorial at No Shame Theatre in Roanoke. After the show, this 18 year old guy with a military hair cut comes up to me and says:

"My name is Private Joe *******, and I just got back from Iraq. I'm here for two weeks and then I go back again."

I'm thinking, holy shit. Me dead.

But then he said, "I just wanted to say you are right on the fucking money, somebody needs to say what you said, and I'm glad I got to hear it in public and to hear people applaud after it was said. Thank you."

Blew me away.

Just thought you'd like to know.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TELL IT. I continue to wonder when we're going to take to the streets. Pieces like this will remind people what we've sunk to in this country.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home