Monday, September 13, 2004

A Request to EnviroMate Insulation on the termination of Lynne Gobbell for displaying a Kerry sticker on her car while parked on company property

From: Archie Levine, online columnist

To: EnviroMate Insulation
13855 Court Street
Moulton, Alabama 35650
Phone: 800.339.3531
Email Address: service@alcosystems.com

Hello,

I was recently shocked to read a story in the press (which I realize is dominated by the liberal media who are not above fabrications to suit their agenda, just look at what they did with those fake documents about Bush's military service!)

(ref: Moulton woman says she lost job for sporting Kerry sticker on car, by Clyde L. Stancil,
Decatur DAILY)

In the interest of getting the full and complete story, would you please respond with the following details?

1) A formal statement regarding your version of events leading to the termination of this employee.

2) A formal statement regarding your company's policy on the expression of political speech on the premises of this business (both by the employer and employees, if different) and whether or not this policy is available for view by all employees.

3) A copy of your written termination policies.

4) A statement that you thoroughly investigated and documented the reasons for termination, and a copy of that documentation.

5) A list of options to termination which were presented to the employee (Such as removing her bumper sticker)

6) A written statement of opportunities given the employee for corrective action.

7) A copy of any minutes or records of the termination meeting with the employee

8) A copy of your last evaluation of termination procedures

9) A statement as to whether the employee was ever warned prior to the event which led to her termination that any viewpoints not shared by her employer would not be tolerated, whether such viewpoints were expressed orally or in writing (as in the case of a bumpersticker).

4) A written statement detailing other expressions of speech which are not allowed orally or in writing on the premises (for example, bumper stickers of a religious nature, advocating or expressing pride in a particular sexual orientation, etc.?

I'd appreciate your getting back to me with these details as quickly as possible so that I can do all in my power to stop yet another liberal media hack job on the efforts of a patriot to run his or her business without the kind of fetters one normally associates with communists.

Yours,

Archie Levine, Online Columnist
archie_levine@yahoo.com

(I openly encourage all to copy the text of this letter and send it to them yourself, or call their 800 number to get the answers you need. They wouldn't have their number on-line if they didn't want to hear from you...and they wouldn't make it free if they weren't really really interested in hearing from you. Make them feel better, let them know you care. )

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I took your offer to steal the text. I printed that puppy off and I'm going to mail it after work. Tomorrow I'm going to link to your site so my 11 readers can have a chance to do the same. I got a nasty little anonymous note in my box at work a few weeks ago about the company policy on "campaigning" at work - because I have a Kerry/Edwards sticker on my car. It pissed me off and this episode pisses me off too. Bushits are little better and hardly different from Stalinists.

http://www.thedianaverse.blogspot.com

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Following up. Kerry heard about it and gave the woman a job! he's not even in office yet and he's all ready creating jobs.

4:57 AM  
Blogger debzuniverze said...

I love it! I also took you up on your offer to copy and send the request to the company. I am anxiously waiting for the reply, although I'm not going to hold my breath while doing so.

11:13 AM  
Blogger debzuniverze said...

I actually received a response...here it is in it's entirety "Hello, We are not Enviromate nor are we affiliated with them. They advertised on our website. The link in the address of your email to me leads to a page with Phil Geddes’ email address and website address.

If I may be of further service, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
"Because an Educated Public deserves Better Insulation."
Marvin Moore, Director
Phone: 800.664.0063
FAX: 877.415.1185
www.betterinsulation.com"

I have resent the email to phil@pgeddes.com

6:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There are many insulation products on the market today, but none will offer what our insulation shield can and only weigh in at 3 lbs per kit. 1 kit will typically cover the floor space of an average car. If you are planning to do a complete insulation install… including walls, doors and ceiling, you will likely need between 2 and 3 kits. Car insulation

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home